The Board recognises and support the policies, strategies and objectives for effective Environmental management applicable to the operation of Healthcare Computing Ltd (HC)’s staff, buildings, equipment and activities. HC accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them.
The policy of HC is to plan and carry out its activities in compliance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. Healthcare Computing will also seek the highest Environmental standards for its employees, contractors, and others whom its operations may affect. Our aim is to meet or exceed legislative requirements.
The management of the Environment is an integral part of all HC’s activities. HC can only maintain its valued reputation with an effective Environmental Policy. Our aim is to fulfil our moral duty of protecting the Environment.
By adopting a positive Environmental management system approach, HC will strive continuously to improve its Environmental culture, involving employees at all levels. HC will also pay due regard to the Environment in every aspect of the services it provides and will eliminate, as far as practicable, adverse effects on others.
The organisation, responsibilities and arrangements for health and safety that aim to fulfil this Policy, are to be found in the Staff Handbook. All Director / Managers are to ensure that effective health and safety management procedures and resources are in place to fulfil statutory duties.
The Company will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
HC is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
Our commitments are as follows:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate recognised environmental management best practice into our business operations.
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities to meet our published objectives and targets.
- Manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling.
- Manage our business operations to prevent pollution.
- Give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, location and use of buildings.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation as well as other environmental requirements to which the firm subscribes.
The primary responsibility for ensuring safe conditions and systems of work lies with the Director / Manager’s. An audit will be carried out regularly by the Health and Safety Advisor to ensure that the required standards are being maintained.
The Director / Manager’s are responsible for ensuring that all staff are aware and comply with the requirements set out in the Healthcare Computing Health and Safety Policy and Staff Handbook.
Director / Managers are responsible for ensuring that employees within their jurisdiction have sufficient resources to comply with their duties and are to apply this Policy in their areas of control or influence. Parts 2 and 3 of this document contain detailed responsibilities of the Director / Manager.
To meet our commitments we will:
- Provide UK Executive Board oversight and review of environmental policies and performance, and allocate resources for their effective direction and implementation.
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance at least annually.
- Communicate internally and externally our environmental policy and performance on a regular basis, and encourage feedback.
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues to our people.
- Work together with our people/employees, service partners, suppliers, landlords and their agents to promote improved environmental performance.
- Promote appropriate consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients.
- Review our environmental policy regularly.