CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
During the festive season, we send Christmas e-cards and the saved money by not purchasing and posting the traditional Christmas cards is donated to the charity Children with cancer UK.
We held ad hoc activities during the year to raise money for charities such as Pancreatic Cancer research, Bournemouth Hospital Charity, Children in Need or Sports Relief. Annually members of our staff join Movember, the annual event that takes place in November to raise awareness of men’s health issues such as depression in men, prostate cancer, and other male cancers.
At HC we are committed to tackle the challenges of sustainable development and we operate as a responsible corporate business. We implement practices that promote economic security, social and environmental responsibility and we continuously seek to improve performance in these areas. We are committed to work with our suppliers and customers to improve sustainability performance throughout all of our activities. We recycle printer toners, IT waste and cardboard through our partner WasteCare and the Council Recycling Scheme. We have recently switched our electricity provider, helping to make a sustainable future a reality by choosing renewable electricity from Haven Power.
As a company we have reduced the impact from our company cars over the past 10 years by a combination of activities in order to reduce our emissions:
- New fleet of fuel efficient lower CO2 emitting blue motion technology vehicles.
- Investment in Dorset Police training sessions which include driving techniques for fuel efficiency.
- Investment in the skills training and technology to allow our service desk team to move from resolving less than 50% of service calls 8 years ago to now resolving over 70% of service calls remotely, massively reducing the amount of mileage of our engineers do.
- Our policy of having engineers based mainly in localities means being closer to local sites therefore reducing mileage.
- Smart scheduling systems to always send closest engineer to nearest location to reduces overall travelling and carbon emissions.